5th ANNUAL DIVE AROUND TEXAS -- 2013
City Park at Lions Club on San Marcos River
San Marcos, TX
Saturday, September 28th , 2013 - RSVP Date for Lunch Reservation for DAT Recognition Day.
Free Lunch if you completed the 2013 DAT Challenge, others $10./ea
Sunday, October 6th, 2013- 5th Annual Dive Around Texas 2013 Recognition Day
9:00am - Noon - Judges Table open inside Rec Hall at City Park; San Marcos
- Divers present their Officially Stamped Logbook to the Judges Table
- Divers receive one 'two part' ticket for each verified stamp in logbook
- Maximum 100 dives and only 3 prizes per diver
- Divers place ONE ticket in drawing for Grand Prize (keeping one part)
- Divers place remaining tickets in General Drawing (keeping one part)
- Divers that complete the Challenge also receive ONE FREE BBQ Lunch ticket ($10.00 value)
9:00am - 11:30am - San Marcos River FAMILY Activities Day- Win Tickets for Prizes
- Don your mask, fins and snorkel and dive the San Marcos River from Salt Grass to City Park and beyond..
- Learn about the River from the Conservation Corps
- Walk the banks of the San Marcos River
- Underwater Dive Caching in San Marcos River
- Underwater Treasure Hunt
- Demo Dives from leading Manufacturers
- Fins, Masks, Ocean Reef Mask, Plus ??
- Stand Up Paddling (SUP) Demo
- Chili Cook Off
- Much more.
Bring your Mask, Fins, Snorkel, and Exposure Suit to dive San Marcos and WIN MORE PRIZES on the day of the event. Special Tickets and Drawing for activities you complete on the day of the event. Great FUN for Families, NEW participants, NEW friends, and NEW divers. Actual details at DAT Recognition Day.
11:30am - 1:00pm - BBQ Lunch from Chisholm Trail Icehouse Austin
- Only Divers that completed the DAT Challenge receive ONE FREE BBQ ticket
- All others BBQ tickets $10.00 (includes meal and drink)
1:00pm - 3:00pm - Dive Around Texas Recognition Prize Awards
Over $10,000 in Prizes given away to divers that completed the Challenge
3:00pm - 3:30pm - GRAND PRIZE DRAWING - Trip for two on Blackbeards Cruises
The 'Judith Peters Award' for the Female Diver with the Most Logged Dives in Texas in 2013
'The 'Jim Mapes Award' for the Male Diver with the Most Logged Dives in Texas in 2013
SPECIAL DRAWING for 'Diving for Texas Treasures 2013' Tom Ingram, Executive Director, DEMA
5 Dive Caches..5 Locations..1 Winner. $1000.
SPECIAL THANKS to:
The Divers of Texas, Texas Dive Retailers, Sand Shark Productions, Chisholm Trail Icehouse/Austin, and all the Dive Manufacturers that made Dive Around Texas 2013 a huge success.
SUPPORT YOUR TEXAS DIVE RETAILERS..
Plan a dive trip to Blackbeard's or the Aqua Cat in the Bahamas in 2014
Event Contact: Eric Peterson 512.392.0963